Monday, December 22, 2014

Pathways

My heart is ripping right out of my chest,
A billion options and not one is best,
No matter which path I decide to choose,
At the end of the day someone will lose.

...

All these people, so many desires,
Pushed and pulled in a dark burning fire,
People just seem to be funny this way,
We get what we want then refuse to stay.

...

To ease this pain takes just a simple word,
Straight to the heart the moment it occurs.
Why do I build upon such flaky ground?
Why rely on things so easily found?

...

All these years I have been a selfish beast,
Admitting change is hard to say the least,
What dares to remain is a dreadful void,
Time has slowed down beyond the realm of joy.

...

Trust is hard since I only know my works,
Especially when it calls us to hurt.
Bless me with peace as you comfort my soul,
Help me to remember 'til I grow old.

...
<SI> Scott Izu, PhD
© December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment