Monday, December 15, 2014

A Proverbs 5 Plea

Her words are smoother than oil,

To her charms, I have no defense.

I am a willing victim, that falls at her feet.

She becomes my Godess, my idol, that fogs and occupies my mind.

Why, oh why, do I have no restraint?

Why, oh why, can I not just follow the teachings I have been taught?

I call out to my God, and the demons rouse back with mightier anger.

Who will help me stop this downward spiral?

Who will hear my plea?

I once wished to overcome my rejection, to gain enough power to defend myself.

But through mastery I became the predator.

And power became a curse.

For power in my untrained hands led straight to my own demise.

Straight to my own death.

Like a young child, I was reborn.

An orphan without a home, a foreigner in a strange land.

And from the great turn of events, the tables have turned.

And now, I have become the prey.

Like an ox to the slaughter.

Like a moth to the flame.

...
<SI> Scott Izu, PhD
© October 2014

This post was reposted from http://sizuservices.blogspot.com/2014/10/a-proverbs-5-plea.html, originally written on October 26th, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment