Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Missing Twilight

I miss you.

I miss our drives around the world,

The way you float across the ocean.

I miss our deep conversations,

That only scratch the surface,

Of the seemingly untouched, never ending abyss.

I miss the comfort of companionship,

A fellow fighter in this universe,

One who dares to stand against,

The overwhelming sea of mediocrity.

I miss the moonlight under our breath,

The hours spent star gazing and soul searching.

I miss you holding back the tides of emotion,

As you strive to save a single starfish.

I miss the ship wreck as we sailed into the iceberg,

And running across the sand to the saftey of a warm lit fire.

I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Is it but a mirage across the sand? Does a knock in the dark dispel all doubt?

    ReplyDelete