Tuesday, December 30, 2014

God, Where are You?

God, I know you exist,

I sense you in your magnificent creation,

Like the Tower of Bablyon fell light years short of the heavens,

So does our science fall short,

Our pattern recognition is no match for your creation of the human eye,

The nueral networks of man don't even stand in the same class as that of the human brain,

It is not by reasoning that I believe in you,

But by your wonders beyond comprehension,

It is by the teachings of a God man,

That baffle the imagination,

With their deep insight of ironic complexity,

So what do you wish of me?

To follow my heart?

Oh how it deceives me,

To trust my logic?

Oh how it is filled with falacies,

To trust man?

Oh but they are all broken,

And each follows a path,

For which they believe to be true,

But surely it leads to death,

And what of my brokeness?

How can I not see my own destruction?

Even when placed right before me,

How can I not see or understand?

God, even when I hear your voice,

My flesh rebels against it,

For I doubt your existence,

And convince myself,

That you are just an illusion,

God, I need you, I seek you,

A blind, broken, humble man,

I stand before you.

...
<SI> Scott Izu, PhD
© December 2014

2 comments: