Friday, April 8, 2016

Youngster


Powerless against the will of our parents,

We go with the flow,

Accepting things as they come,

No need to fight the tide,

No need to give your thought or your inputs,

You don't matter,

What you think is not important,

Put me in school early,

Pull me out when you want,

Hold me back when you want,

I have no control,

Pretend you care what I say,

But just do what you want in the end,

Forever embed in me,

The feeling that I am somehow defective,

Because I am so used to being different,

And all the while,

Let me ignore the depravity,

Through an existence of self denial and imagination,

That somehow takes this broken world,

Not as it is,

But as I would have it,

Through mind bending, mind altering, craziness.

...
<SI> Scott Izu, PhD
Copyright April 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment