Monday, April 11, 2016

Rewrite History

If I knew what I knew before, I would do it all differently
Cause the secrets of life wouldn't be such a mystery
If I could go back in time I could change history
...
No more brokenness and shame
No sin and guilt and pain
No Hell to burn in flames
...
Properly dealing with emotions, there'd be no need to numb the core
Caring for myself and others, convert a void into a store
Receiving developmental needs, feeling loved forever more
...
Kill rape, hatred and greed
Lying, cheating wounds bleed
The devil's destined rude creed
...
No split between my needs, and the needs of others
Integrated through love of both father and mother
A peaceful life to live, there'd be no need to suffer
...
Grace, compassion and empathy
Acknowledgement, support and sympathy
Together, united, a sweet symphony
...
<SI> Scott Izu, PhD
Copyright April 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment