Friday, April 1, 2016

Boy Meets Girl

He loves her.  She loves him.  There was a boy, there was a girl.  Can I make it any more obvious?  Problem was she and her aint the same gal.

"I love you.  Isn't that enough?", she asked.

"No, that's not enough.  Life and responsibility.  Balancing what I need and want with what the world needs and wants.  They don't always agree," he replies.

A few weeks pass and the magnetic pull of chemistry is too much to handle.  Out of desperation, his heart wrenching, he pleads, "I love you.  Isn't that enough?"

But the woman, the incubator that she is.  Takes ingredients and makes a meal.  Takes a house and makes it a home.  Takes a seed and makes a baby.  Takes an idea and makes it a reality.

She replies, "No.  It's not enough.  I have my obligations.  I can't go chasing you.  I can't waste my energy.  I'm too old for these games."

So what does one do when the head and heart collide?  Does one walk the road to envy and jealousy and betrayal?  Or does one walk the life of boredom, tired and exhausted by the weight of life?

Watching Phantom of the Opera, she sees him on the screen?  Watching Superman versus Batman, he sees her?  Every movement, every little thing triggers a memory of distant past.

An age old story, yet told again and again as they continue through life.

He was a boy, she was a girl.  Can I make it any more obvious?

No comments:

Post a Comment