Sunday, February 14, 2016

My Tender Sweetheart

Energy galore,

Emerging from the souls,

Of forty little kids.

A little girl comes up,

My turn!  My turn!

The others object,

She must be blindfolded!

That's not fair!

Don't worry,

I reply.

We spin her around,

Her vision still intact,

With a suspense looming,

She takes the pin

And donkey's tail.

Slowly she moves forward.

The kids nervous to lose their spot.

She lifts her hands to place the pin.

Kids yelling,

To the left!

Up!

Down a little!

And she finally places the tail

She lifts up her hands in victory

I win!  I win!

But the kids are now happy and laughing

Joining in the innocence of a child.

Happy, tender, lovely

For the pinned tail lies on the donkey's forehead!

...

<SI> Scott Izu, PhD
© February 2014
Happy Valentines!

No comments:

Post a Comment