Saturday, July 9, 2016

Wrecking Ball

The ultimate rejection,

Divorce,

Flashed through me like glass hitting the floor

The pain so deep I scattered

Just wishing it would go away.

Pieces of glass on the floor were sources of my identity

The medical institute accepted me in

As the base ball bat slipped through my fingers to the floor

Wanting to shatter windows

To show what raged inside me

Like distant memories of an angry father

To make the external match the internal

And the judgement that weighed on my shoulders

Was enough to convince me

That I was bad

That I was wrong

Enough to convince me

My kids would be better off without me

Heart broken I was willing to leave forever

A friend from the least expected of places walked and talked

Convinced me to battle

"The war we wage is not of flesh and bones," He said

Then, a voice deep within me

Whispered to fight

From my knees

Wounded and broken

So...

I did

...
<SI> Scott Izu, PhD
Copyright 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment