Thursday, October 8, 2015

Leaving Marriage

How can I leave my marriage?

I love you.

I cant explain how I feel about you.

But for better or worse,

This is the only thing I've ever known.

The universe carved out a special place for me right here.

A great family and friends.

And I cant leave that.

I refuse to.

I refuse to be one of those bubbling fools,

Who let their hearts dictate and rule their lives.

I refuse to put myself in a place where once again I am at the mercy of others.

No, I control my destiny.

I control my fate.

I must protect the ones I love.

I must take care of those who depend on me.

I wish it were another place or another time.

But its not.

So I will take it for what it is.

An opportunity to love.

...
<SI> Scott Izu, PhD
© October 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment