Thursday, February 5, 2015

God's Love

You see my spirit separate from my behavior,

And you love my spirit,

And whether I do right or wrong,

You love me.

...

How amazing is your love,

That you can look beyond my behavior,

To see that is only a reflection,

Of my love for you.

...

How your love mirrors nothing in this world,

It breaks my heart,

For we are all broken,

And our love is only given conditionally.

...

Whether or not I have fame and fortune,

You see me as special.

Whether or not I have power and influence,

You see me as important.

Whether or not I have popularity and women,

You see that I have worth.

Whether or not I have mastery and achievements,

You see that I have value.

...

Your hand,

It touches each individual's world,

A tailor made journey,

To reveal the nature of our soul.

...

You afflict me because I am chosen,

You push me to seek your truth,

You pierce my heart with passionate love,

And you feel every emotion bestowed upon me.

...

So I give in,

I surrender to your will,

Take me each day I live,

An empty vessel for your great glory.

...
<SI> Scott Izu, PhD
© February 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment