Sunday, June 9, 2019

Dark Caverns

Sleepless nights,

Am I a good mother?

Could I have done more?

What did I do wrong?

Where did I go wrong?

How did I miss the signs?

We went for help,

But it was too late.

Thanksgiving without him

Because he was in a rehabilitation clinic

Alcohol.

Then, locked up for nine months.

I couldn't see my baby boy in that place.

When he came home,

I thanked God that he was safe again.

Guilty, because I had my other kids.

My other responsibilities.

The first time he slit his wrists,

He was only 15 years old.

Then, he popped pills.

Hospital visits.

He finally succeeded.

And I have failed.

Now, I wear black.

The pain in my chest

Its going to explode.

I scream and cry and can't escape.

Each day I get up,

The world is different

Depression is real

And it took my baby boy.

<SI> Scott Izu, PhD
Copyright 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment