Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Void

I feel a void,

Deep within my soul,

A void that only you can fill.

But the depths of the void

Are like a never ending cave

So it is a lie to say its completely filled

More like obscured.

Without you I must live with myself

So much pain and sorrow

A million demons torment me

For they find comfort in the empty space

Should I put the weight of my void on you?

No, only God can handle this.

It is too much to place on any person,

Even a partner.

The demon laughs and taunts,

What is wrong with you?

Frustration cannot even find its way out through tears.

A voice smothered with a thousand hands.

No novacaine, sex, drugs nor alcohol tonight

Just the feeling that may exhaust me to sleep.

<SI> Scott Izu, PhD
Copyright 1111

No comments:

Post a Comment