Friday, December 8, 2017

Unseen

Who is the one who is the greatest?
Is it the one who showers Facebook with posts of me, me, me?
It is only until I see you, that I realize I am too much me.
...
In passing, as I pick up my child from school,
I see you waiting in the car, picking up your grand kids.
Day after day,
You do this...
When a child goes to jail,
You pick up the pieces...
You take care of both husband and kids,
Never complaining...
Some may even take advantage of you.
But you continue.
And rather than teach the hard lessons of life,
You choose to simply remain present.
...
When you started to suffer,
I cried so much because I just didn't understand why someone so good needed to suffer.
I feel like if anyone deserved to suffer,
It should be me and not you.
...
Thank you for baby sitting my kids when we needed an extra hand.
Thank you for never judging when Hell broke loose in our household.
...
Tonight I drink alone.
A rare occasion.
Not alone, but with you and my Father.
You did everything you could during your time here.
May I honor you by trying to do everything I can during my stay.
May you rest in peace, loved one.
...
Scott Izu, PhD
Copyright December 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment