Sunday, June 5, 2016

Season's End

Sorrow just wells from my heart

Pain so deep I don't even know where to start

Tears just roll from my eyes

20 years older, they say I should be wise

But me, I'm just a fool

A fool in love, tortured as a soul

So many people around me

But no one even knows me

A sole survivor, single and lonely

Pain and frustration, wallow in pity

The breeze of night its comforting

And my lover in distress also suffering

"Someday you might be feeling

That life has past you by,

Your spirits might be sinking

With hope in short supply."

Tears run down my face

Nothing has changed

Drugs, sex and alcohol

Have only damaged the brain

Tonight's my last night

Will you miss me when I'm gone?

I wish there was a happy ending

To this stupid, sad song.

...

<SI> Scott Izu, PhD
Copyright June 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment